Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

The Last Six Weeks

Oriana is now 6 weeks old! How did that happen already?

The time has flown by, looking back. The first few weeks were rough at night, with Ori's schedule all messed up. She had her days and nights switched and was having some gas issues that made her very uncomfortable.
Nursing started out a little bit challenging, with her fussing and crying when I tried to feed her, but that has changed for the most part. Sometimes during the night feeding(s) she can get pretty frustrated, but all in all things are going well in the feeding department. She is gaining weight and her gas issues are better. She is known for spitting up quite a bit, so we both spent 6 weeks on maternity constantly smelling like spit up, but what can you do? If I changed clothes and changed her every time she spit up, I'd be doing laundry 24/7! 

2 days old - Owen said, "She looks like a zebra!" the first time she wore this. Now he will argue that she's a tiger, because the stripes are brown. : )

1 week - She LOVES to swing, and apparently has LOTS of pink!

Daddy bought her a monkey when he went to MN for work. He bought Owen a Vikings one just like this when he was a baby, too. : )
1.5 weeks - Valentine's Day kisses

2.5 weeks - Enjoying her new vibrating rocking chair

3 weeks - She looks ready to punch me!


4 weeks - Their first bath together.

Getting to know her Great Grandma Kuehl

She really enjoys baths.

4.5 weeks - Thinking hard!

5 weeks - Enjoying our last week of snuggling before going back to work!

Checking herself out in the mirror.

Now, at 6 weeks, things are going much smoother (knock on wood!). She's sleeping much better for me at night, which is awesome because I'm back at work, and she is starting to be more alert during the day. I'm still waiting for her to give me a real, genuine smile. We've gotten lots of gas smiles, and I've gotten a couple of pictures where it looks like she's smiling, but they aren't the real, "I'm so happy!" types of smiles. They're mostly just fluke facial expressions at the time of the picture.

6 weeks - Passed out after eating
Let's go to daycare! Her first day.
She seems to be doing just fine at daycare. I made sure Owen knew ahead of time that Ori was going to be going with him, but apparently I must have given him the impression that it was just going to be that first day, because when I picked them up the second day, Moe (our new daycare lady) told me that Owen said, "Why is she here today? She needs to go back home!"

Owen is a really good big brother. He's still doing a great job at bringing me things when I ask, and if she's crying, sometimes he will sing the ABCs to her. He'll give her kisses on her head and little hugs. Sometimes he will try putting the pacifier back in her mouth. That's really cute to me for some reason. I'm so excited to see them really start to interact. I know he's going to be a goofball for her when she starts smiling and laughing. He's always a goofball!

Owen and Ryan being goofballs!


No comments:

Post a Comment